WHAT WE DO
- Take teams out of their comfort zones, challenging assumptions and traditional roles
- Encourage the development of leadership skills through facilitated action
- Use recognised military techniques to build trust and team resilience
- Challenge teams to use creativity and problem-solving skills to develop resourcefulness and agile work practices
- Break down communication barriers or work silos through shared experience
WHAT YOU GET
- Enhanced communication skills – both listening and expression
- Lateral and creative thinking
- Effective planning, target setting and time management
- Dynamic problem solving
- Identification of strengths/weaknesses and leadership development
- Shared sense of accomplishment which lasts once back in the work-place
Kayak 2 Norway
I want you to meet Tom, the legend. When Intrepid Events decided to Kayak/Bike and Run to the Somme last year, Tom volunteered to be our support vehicle but Tom is also a triple amputee.
Tom was a paratrooper serving in Afghanistan when he lost both legs and his left arm. His prosthetics do the job but are limited and when he tries to be very active, they cause friction burns and bleeding so we are raising money for Tom to get some Gucci legs and left arm so he can get back to having a fuller and more active life.
We’ll be undertaking a gruelling 240-mile kayak across the white tipped rolling waves of the North Sea departing from the Shetland Isles and arriving in Televag, Norway 3 days later. Of course, Tom will be on the support boat and will be doing some of the kayaking too.
We need sea kayaks so if anyone has one to lend or can offer us a deal, I’d love to hear from you. Find out more on our charity page here, We have some pretty cheeky training sessions approaching, maybe you’d like to join us! Feel free to drop us a line firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll keep you posted on training schedule and opportunities.
- Kayak 2 Norway
- Team Building
- Fund Raising
- Summer 2018